FC Cary Rules
Updated Friday May 12, 2017 by FC Cary.
FC Cary Rules
- FIFA Laws of the Game - All U08-U18 rec games will follow the FIFA rules, with the exception of no slide tackling, the substitution policy and two game variations noted below.
- No slide tackles allowed in any age group.
- Substitutions - Teams are allowed to substitute players (with permission of the referee) on any of their throw-ins, any goal-kick, any kick-off, and any time the opposing team substitutes players.
- Throw-ins - Only teams playing in the U8 division will be allowed to retake a foul throw-in. A foul throw in all age groups U9 and above will result in a turnover.
- Kick-off - The ball may travel in any direction to start play. No longer is the ball required to travel forward to begin play.
- U8 Rule Variation - For the U08 games, the defending team must back up to the center line on any goal kick and any time the keeper saves the ball and has the ball in his or her hands.
- U12 and Under Rule Variation - FC Cary will be following the policy set by NCYSA which calls for NO heading of the ball for U12 and below players in games to help reduce concussions. U11 and U12 player may have limited heading practice during training but no heading during games. U10 and below should have no heading in either games or training. IN GAMES: If a player heads the ball in a U12 or below game, an indirect free kick will be awarded to the opposing team. If the header occurs in the penalty box by either team, the indirect free kick will be placed at the top corner of the penalty box closest to the infraction. Think goal kick ball placement but on the penalty box. Finally, the heading of the ball must be intentional. If the ball simply hits the player in the head, this is not a rule violation.
- Ball Sizes
- U05-U08 - Size 3 Soccer Ball
- U09-U12 - Size 4 Soccer Ball
- U14-U18 - Size 5 Soccer Ball
- Game Durations
- U08-U10 - Four 12-minute quarters
- U11-U18 - Two 25-minute halves
- Number of Players
- U08-U10 - 7v7
- U11-U12 - 8v8
- U14-U18 - 11v11